If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 22 July 2011

Grimbergen Beers

Since last Friday I had not been feeling too bad for a few days, Dot had been poorly for about a week but was getting better, then I think I got got what Dot had, a sort of ear nose and throat infection. So I am cabined up again. I did manage to buy some new beers during this period but have not tried any yet. So here is an old review of a favorite, in fact I think I will do all their beers I have had.

Grimbergen

Grimbergen, Blond from Belgium

Grimbergen 8 Belgium

6.7%, golden colour with a thin head, sweet aroma and fruty malty taste, a really nice abbey beer, my favorite Grimbergen, even in cans.

Grimbergen, Cuvee Blanche from Belgium

Grimbergen, Cuvee Blanche, Belgium

6.0% cloudy yellowy white with a thin head, sweet citrus aroma, tastes a lot like Hoegaarden but better.

Grimbergen, Triple from Belgium


9.0% golden colour with a thin head, sweet malt aroma and fruity malty taste, very much like a strong version of Grimbergen Blond.

Grimbergen, Double from Belgium

Grimbergen, Double, Belgium

6.5% very deep amber/red colour with a good head, sweet caramely malt aroma but with a hint of citric acid, sweet malty fruity taste with a slight bitterness, very tasty and warming.

Grimbergen, Goud Doree from Belgium


8.0%, light gold colour with a good head, smelt and tasted much like a pilsner to me, I didn't like it as much as other Grimbergen's.
I changed the review of this beer and removed it from the "Beer I Would Not Buy Again" group, when I had one of these after two truly dreadful beers and it is not that bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment