If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 27 January 2012

Beer and Me, again

As I have reached the 1,000 beer photo mark, I thought I would repost my original Beer and Me, blog.

With more people reading the blogs I thought it would be a good idea to explain my take on beer drinking and also explain why my reviews as so short. So below is an updated version of that original Beer and Me, blog.

If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer.

Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have tried.

I now have over 1,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't. This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).

I do not have the ability to describe all the various tastes, I just know what I like, I don't even concentrate on analysing taste too much anymore, I just think to myself "that's good, I'll have another one of them" or "that's nasty never again" or worst of all "that's bland why bother". If I do ever acquire a better ability, I will add to the descriptions, but I doubt it. I have tried, but beer smells of beer (unless there is something different about it) and beer tastes of beer (well most UK beer does).

I am not fond of some styles of beer, Pilsner and Stout are two but I can and will still drink them. Some like sour beers are just wrong though and I will not touch them (well not again).

A note on "Real Ale", the term means nothing at all to me, beer is beer, good beer is good beer and bad beer is bad, no mater what you call it or how it is made, to me it is all in the taste and not in a perceived category.

In fact CAMRGB, The Campaign For Really Good Beer, is a far better idea than CAMRA The Campaign for Real Ale but someone has to try to protect the small brewers, although the masses are entitled to drink what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment