If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Halloween

For Halloween, I though I would have a look through my collection, to see what beers I could find with a connection to the yearly celebration. I found a few and will start with the newest.

Shepherd Neame, Warlocks Broth from England


4.0% amber colour with a nice head, sweet malt and hop aroma, bitter caramel taste, nothing special but not bad.

Shepherd Neame, Spooks Ale from England


4.7%, deed red colour with a thin head, caramel malt aroma, nice toffee malt taste.

Badger, Pumpkin Ale from England


4.6% amber colour with a poor head, smell like a pumpkin lantern the morning after Halloween, fruity but bitter taste, not sure about this one.

Caledonian, Trick or Treat from Scotland

Caledonian, Trick or Treat, Scotland

4.4% deep gold colour with a good head, toffee aroma, mild toffee and hop taste, I got no ginger at all but I did like it a lot. Very poor phone photo.

Nick Stafford’s Hambleton Ales, Ghostly Glory from England

52 beers 4 - 10, Nick Stafford’s Hambleton Ales, Ghostly Glory, England

4.0% deep gold colour with a good head, fudge aroma, some toffee in the taste, I liked this one.

Wychwood, Pumpking from England


5.0% deep amber colour with a good head, fruity aroma, fruity and slightly hoppy taste, not at all like the last pumpkin beer I tried, this one was quite good.

Wychwood, Hobgoblin from England


5.2% dark amber with a thin head, fruity hop aroma, nice creamy malt taste, very good beer and the beast of the bunch

I have also had a few beer with Witch or Wych in the title that could be used for Halloween

Moorhouse's, Pendle Witches Brew from England


5.1% light amber colour with no head, nice caramel aroma and taste.

Moorhouse's, Blond Witch from England


4.5%, gold colour with a thin head, slight citrus aroma, some bitterness and hop taste, not as good as the label.

Wychwood, Black Wych from England

Wychwood, Black Wych, England

5.0% very dark with a thin but lasting head, no aroma when cold but roasted malt as it warms, bitter roasted malt taste.

Wychwood, White Wych from England

Wychwood, White Wych, England

4.0%, not as blond as I expected more like an amber colour, thin head, slight hop aroma, fairly bitter but not much else to say, average beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment