If you know me or of me, you will know I like beer. Over the last few years I have been collecting photos of every new beer I have.
I now have over 2,000 individual beers photographed and have realised that many beers that I assumed I have photos of, I haven't.

This blog will be therefore be an account of my quest for new beers to photo and how I enjoyed them (or not).
My email is ralphgant@sky.com.

Friday 14 July 2017

Local New Small Pub

Around here and most of the UK, lots of small pubs are opening up, most selling beers from local brewers. When I started drinking (many years ago) there were many pub like this and I hope they are here to stay.

I decided to pop into one last week and will make it a promise to visit the others soon. You may notice that one of these beers is not very local though. So these are the beers I had in the pub right next to my local Indian, the Crafty Cock had some good beers and it was handy for food afterwards.

Roundhill Brewery, Brown Ale from England

Roundhill Brewery, Brown Ale, England

4.9% deep brown with a good head, not much aroma but a really good taste maybe a bit of liquorice. This is from the closest brewery to me.

Roosters, YPA from England

Roosters, YPA, England

4.1% gold in colour with a nice head, not much aroma and a taste that was not bad.

Bad Co, Whiter Shade of Pale from England

Bad Co, Whiter Shade of Pale, England

3.2% pale gold in colour with a thin head, some hop in the aroma and a hoppy taste,

Velkopopovicky, Kozel Czech Export from the Czech Republic

Velkopopovicky, Kozel Czech Export, Czech Republic

4.0% gold in colour with a nice head, low in aroma, it had a bit of a lager taste but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment